Home / Entertainment / Chris Harrison Leaves ‘The Bachelor’ Franchise After Defending Ex-Contestant’s Racist Behavior

Chris Harrison Leaves ‘The Bachelor’ Franchise After Defending Ex-Contestant’s Racist Behavior



Chris Harrison has left ABC’s reality series “The Bachelor” permanently after being criticized earlier this year. Because it protects the racist behavior of the contestants in the past.

“Chris Harrison has stepped away from hosting The Bachelor franchise. We are grateful for his many contributions over the past 20 years and wish him the best of luck on his journey. His new time.” Warner Horizon and ABC Entertainment It said in a statement sent to NBC News on Tuesday.

He said he was excited to start a new chapter after “An incredible run” as the franchise’s host in a statement posted on his Instagram.

“I am grateful to Bachelor Nation for all the memories we have made together,” Harrison said. “As my two-decade journey is coming to an end, The friendships I create will last a lifetime.”

Harrison, who has owned the popular franchise for nearly 20 years, stepped out of his role in February. After he defends former “Bachelor”

; contestant Rachel Kirkconnell Who appeared in a photo joining the Brotherhood Society in an untimely garden theme in 2018, Harrison made a comment that defended Kirkconnell during an “Extra” interview with former “Bachelorette” Rachel Lindsay.

In an interview with Lindsay Harrison expressed sympathy for Kirk Connell and hinted that the criticism against her was unfair because the photos were from the past. When Lindsay says it’s not a good look at Kirk Connell attending a pre-Southern feast. which was during the slave period Harrison said: “Um Rachel, 2018 looks good? Or will it look bad in 2021? because they are very different.”

“It doesn’t look good,” replied Black Lindsay. “If I go to that party What will I represent at that party?”

Harrison, who is white He later admitted that he “made a mistake” in an interview with ABC News’ “Good Morning America.”

“I’m not perfect. I made a mistake and took ownership of that,” Harrison told GMA co-host Michael Strahan. “I believe that mistakes do not reflect who I am or what I stand for. I am determined to progress Not just for yourself but also to franchises.”

Harrison said in an interview that he was seeking advice from “Educators and competitive strategists” who are teaching how to learn from this experience and move forward. He added that his departure was “Not the finish line”

“There is still a lot of work to do,” he said.

His departure came within a day of the season 17 premiere of “The Bachelorette,” which aired on Monday. The show is currently hosting former singles Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe.




Source link