Colton Underwood has apologized to ex Cassie Randolph for “what ended” in their tumultuous relationship last year.
The 29-year-old former “Bachelor” came out as gay during an appearance on Wednesday’s “Good Morning America” and while talking to former soccer star Robin Roberts. with The “bad choice” he made while dating Randolph, 25, and in the months after the public split.
“I want to apologize for what ended up being wrong,” Underwood said. “I made a lot of bad choices.”
Underwood and Randolph were connected during the season of the popular reality show 2019, and it appears to have been so successful that Randolph received the last rose from Underwood, though. The couple will not be officially engaged. But chose to continue dating after the end of the season.
‘BACHELOR’ ALUM COLTON UNDERWOOD came out as gay: ‘I am the happiest and healthiest person I have ever been’
“If I was honest, I would love you for everything,” Underwood told Roberts, explaining that his feelings for Randolph “only made it harder and more confusing.” For him as he grapples with his own question about his sexuality.
“And it’s hard for me to make it clear how my emotions were going in that relationship with her, because I obviously had an internal battle going on,” he said. Of the heart, I apologize for the pain and emotional stress it caused, I hope it doesn’t happen as it is, I wish I was brave Enough to fix myself before I go to destroy anyone else. ”
‘BACHELOR’ STAR COLTON UNDERWOOD SAYS CASSIE RANDOLPH COST ANTI-HIS ORDER
The romance of Underwood and Randolph did not last long. The former pair announced their separation in May 2020, just two months after Randolph was helped to nurse Underwood to return to health after he was infected with the coronavirus.
She noted in July that Underwood’s diagnosis and fighting of the coronavirus. “It is not involved in any way. [their] Let’s break up. “
“I think if anything, his entire experience with COVID-19 and being with my family brought us closer together,” she said at the time.
Randolph, however, filed a temporary suspension order against Underwood in October after he was accused of acting unstable, allegedly commencing on June 27 and including him putting tracking devices on. Her car while Randolph was visiting her family in Huntington Beach, Calif.
Former CASSIE RANDOLPH actor ‘BACH’ said it has been a wonderful few months since COLTON UNDERWOOD SPLIT.
She added that family members saw Underwood in an alley outside her bedroom window at 2am after Underwood confronted him, accused of sending threatening messages to her, according to Randolph’s family members and friends. say
In November, Underwood told Fox News the situation was amicably resolved between them.
“Cassie today asked the court to drop the suspension order against me, the two of us can reach a private agreement to address any of Cassie’s concerns,” he said in a statement. “I don’t believe Cassie has done anything wrong in filing the ban, and I still believe that she acted in good faith. I appreciate the privacy of everyone on this matter.”
Click here to subscribe to our entertainment newsletter.
Underwood is also responsible for the actions he accused of “dragging people” into his “mess”.
“I regret being the ‘Bachelor’ and am I sad to deal with it the way I used to?” Admits Underwood to Roberts. “I think I can handle it better.”
Click here to get the FOX NEWS app.
“I just hope I don’t drag other people into trouble figuring out who I am,” he said. “I really mean that, but at the same time I can sit here and say I’m sorry to all the girls I can. I can say thank you because without them and without a franchise. ‘Bachelor’, I didn’t know this would ever come out. ”
Fox News’ Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report.