Here are some key developments:
- President Biden will not attend the 2020 Tokyo Games, which begin in 24 days, although First Lady Jill Biden may even lead the US delegation. the white house said Infections have risen again in the Japanese capital, which is in a “virtual emergency”.
- The Red Cross in Indonesia is warning that the country̵7;s coronavirus outbreak is “catastrophic” as the daily number of cases soars to 20,000, driven by new patterns and easing restrictions.
- Australia’s Perth and Brisbane Lockdown to suppress small delta outbreaks Australia also allows people under 40 to request vaccinations. Oxford-AstraZeneca has been simplified, previously offered to people over 60.
- Health officials in Los Angeles County recommend that all residents wear masks in indoor public places. regardless of vaccination status to prevent more prevalent delta variables in the state California has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country.
- Spanish authorities are quarantining nearly 5,000 people after a massive outbreak on Mallorca. which is a resort where hundreds of students celebrate the end of the school year.
- A video appeared on social media on Tuesday showing Britain’s chief medical officer Chris Whitty, who has helped lead Britain’s response to coronavirus, being threatened by two men in a park. Prime Minister Boris Johnson condemned “thugs” in a video in which he accused “Disgusting harassment” of “hardworking civil servants”