- You can clear the cache, history, and cookies on your iPhone for Safari to improve speed and performance.
- You can also clear the cache for iPhone apps by taking or deleting them to free up space.
- When you clear the cache, you may lose some of your saved data from the Safari app or your iPhone, such as passwords and files.
- Visit the Insider Technical Reference Library for more stories.
Apple offers several methods for iPhone users to clear the cache, either for the Safari app or for iOS.
When you are clear
On iPhone for Safari, all files, pictures, passwords, and scripts from previously visited websites will be cleared. You can also clear the cache on the iPhone app by either taking it or deleting it.
Clearing the cache for Safari and some apps can free up space on your iPhone, boosting speed and performance by deleting unnecessary app data.
Here̵7;s how to clear the cache on your iPhone:
How to clear cache, history and cookies on iPhone for Safari
To clear the cache on your iPhone, select Safari in the Settings app and click. “Clear history and website data”
Here’s the full step-by-step guide:
1. Open the Settings app and click Safari.
2. Tap “Clear History and Website Data”
3. Your device will double-check that you want to clear Safari’s data, clicking through the messages that follow.
How to clear cache on iPhone for apps
To clear the cache on the iPhone app, you will need to turn off loading. Loading the app will free up storage space used by the app while preserving documents and data. If and when you reinstall the app, your data will be reinstated.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select “General” and then tap “iPhone Storage”.
3. Select the app you want to shoot and tap “Offload App”.
4. Select “Offload App” from the pop-up window to confirm your choice. You can also delete apps if you don’t want them any more.
How to clear cache on iPhone for apps with cache feature
Some apps have a cache feature that allows you to clear them directly in the Settings app. The search method is as follows:
1. Open your iPhone settings.
2. Scroll until you see the authorized app, then tap it.
3. Look for the ‘Clear Cache’ option. If the toggle is green, tap it to clear the app’s cache.