A total of 1,381,063 COVID-19 cases have been reported, including 22,776 deaths in the state since the outbreak began.
within the last 24 hours The laboratory has reported 61,125 tests, a total of 24,551,788 since the outbreak began.
The positive results of the seven-day preliminary nationwide test from May 22 to May 28 were 2.2%.
RELATED: Moderna Says Vaccine Is Highly Effective in Younger Teens Will See FDA Approval in June
As of Friday night, 1,164 people in Illinois were hospitalized with COVID-19. Of these, 313 are in the ICU and 164 are infected with COVID-19. in a ventilator
Illinois received a total of 11,230,429 vaccines on Friday night. The seven-day average of daily injected vaccines was 55,252 doses. 54,773 doses were reported in Illinois on Saturday.
Officials say 66% of Illinois adults have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and more than 49 percent have been fully vaccinated.
Navigating anxiety while returning to pre-Covid-19 activities
As the city of Chicago shifts to a hyperlocal vaccination strategy, it focuses on meeting residents where they are. A temporary vaccination facility at the American Airlines Conference Center at Gallagher Way next to Wrigley Field will be closed on Saturday. Chicago Mayor’s Office Lori Lightfoot said Thursday night.
The closure on Saturday marks the end of a two-month effort. Partnering with Advocate Aurora Health and the Chicago Cubs, it delivers more than 42,000 vaccine doses to Chicago residents. More than Wrigley Field’s capabilities, city officials said, Aurora Health will allocate new resources to support hyperlocal community vaccination efforts. This includes staffing the city’s mobile vaccine buses – vaccine stations – that allow residents to be vaccinated without leaving their neighborhoods.
A patient who had scheduled an appointment at Gallagher Way after Saturday was contacted. And their appointment was moved to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, less than a mile from Wrigley Field.
For more information on upcoming vaccine events, please visit chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid19-vaccine/home/calendar-of-events.html.
The deaths reported on Saturday included:
– District Office: 1 male, 50 years old
– Carroll County: 1 woman, 90s
– Clinton County: 1 man, 70 years old
– County Jail: 1 Female 40s, 1 Female 50s, 1 Male 50s, 1 Female 60s, 5 Male 60s, 1 Female 70s, 1 Male 70s, 1 Female 80s, 1 Male 80s, 1 Male 90s
– DuPage County: 1 male 60 years old, 1 male 70, 1 female 80
– Iroquois County: 1 woman, 50 years old
– Johnson County: 1 Female 80s
– Kankakee County: 1 man, 80s
– Macon County: 1 50-year-old male, 1 80-year-old male
– Madison County: 1 Female 70s
– Randolph County: 1 woman, 80 years old
– Saline County: 1 man, 60s
– St. Clair County: 1 man, 70s
– Stephenson County: 1 man, 70 years old
– Warren County: 1 Female 70s
– Whiteside County: 1 Female 50s
– Will County: 1 female, 50 years old
– Williamson County: 1 man, 50 years old
– Winnebago County: 1 man, 50, 1 man, 60 seconds
– Woodford County: 1 90s woman
Copyright © 2021 WLS-TV. All rights reserved.