At least seven Palestinians were reported dead in Gaza City by an Israeli air strike early Saturday as the worst fight between Israel and Hamas since 2014, with no such end. Fast, although the US and Egypt will try to cease fire
Palestinian media quoted The Times of Israel as saying the children were among the dead while others were trapped in the rubble of a house.
If the death toll is confirmed, it will be the highest death toll from a single air strike in the current conflict, starting Monday.
The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) did not respond directly to reports of fatal air strikes. But it said in a statement reported by the Times of Israel that it had targeted several rocket launch sites and two Hamas militants.
“The attack was carried out with rapid closure, the fierce fire capability and the accurate intelligence of the Gaza Strip,”; they said.
The Mets’ seven-game win ended after …
Earlier this evening, the IDF tweeted stunning images of fireballs from rockets fired from the Gaza Strip crashing fuel depots in Ashdod harbor in the Mediterranean Sea.
“The rocket carrier was launched nonstop from Gaza in southern Israel,” the IDF wrote. “Tonight, a rocket hit Ashdod – see the damage for yourself. This will not be unanswered. “
There were no reports of rocket injuries in Ashdod, the third time in the city, on Friday night through Saturday morning. Previously, attacks on ports and direct attacks on apartment buildings resulted in no reports of injuries.
Nine Israelis died during the latest conflict, including a six-year-old boy and military officials in Gaza reported that at least 126 people were killed, including 31 children and 20 women.Israel claimed the casualties. Many of these civilians were caused by Hamas launched rockets that lacked a target.
Officials from Washington and Cairo are in the region trying to persuade the fight to halt and the United Nations Security Council is expected to hold an emergency meeting on Sunday morning. Egyptian intelligence officials told the Associated Press that Israel had rejected Egypt’s proposal for a one-year ceasefire that Hamas had already accepted.
The Israeli army said the Hamas group had launched some 2,000 rockets into Israel since Monday.
With post line