Kelvin Gastelum will once again replace the main event.
When Paulo Costa retired from his UFC Fight Night middleweight title against Jared Cannonier (13-5 MMA, 6-5 UFC) on August 21, Gastelum (16-7 MMA, 11-7 UFC) agreed. to step in five rounds of battle
MMA Junkie reviewed the switch with a person close to the situation, according to preliminary reports from ESPN.com. The person requested anonymity as the UFC has not officially announced it.
UFC Fight Night 21 Aug No location or location announced.
Gastelum is losing the main event to Robert Whittaker at UFC on ESPN 22 in April, where he replaced Costa, who withdrew due to illness. “The Ultimate Fighter”; winner is 1-4 in the past five fights.
Meanwhile, Cannonier is about to lose his own Whittaker at UFC 254 in October. He suffered an arm injury that required surgery and has not operated since.
The reason behind Costa (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC)’s withdrawal from the tournament has not been disclosed at this time.
with change The UFC Fight Night lineup includes:
- Jared Cannonier vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Mana Martinez vs. Jesse Strider
- Fabio Cherant and William Knight
- Austin Hubbard vs. Vinc Pichel
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Brandon Royval
- Austin Lingo vs. Louis Saldana
- Parker Porter and Chase Sherman
- Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte
- Clay Guida vs. Mark Madsen
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Sasha Palatnikov
- B Malekki vs. Josian Nunes