Those who felt lucky on Tuesday night had a chance to win an estimated $ 625 million jackpot in the Mega Millions lottery, the eighth-largest jackpot in US history. The bounty was so high because there had been no winner for months.
If there is no winner again, the jackpot will only go up for the next draw on Friday night.
Each ticket costs $ 2, and the winner must match all numbers, including the Mega Ball, to take home all the money.
The one-time cash option for Tuesday̵7;s jackpot is at least $ 458 million. Getting the jackpot prize is a favorite option for most of the winners. Otherwise, the jackpot will expire in 30 years.
Mega Millions winning numbers
- 12, 14, 26, 28, 33
- Mega Ball: 9
- Megaplier: 2x
Mega Millions tickets are sold in 44 states, Washington, D.C. and the US Virgin Islands.
In the meantime, Powerball’s lottery jackpot has grown to an estimated $ 550 million, making it the 12th-largest jackpot of the game in history. The winning numbers are drawn on Wednesday night.
Despite having both jackpot prizes combined But still pale compared to the biggest prizeAwarded by three players in 2016, the Mega Millions jackpot was last won in Wisconsin on September 15, 2020, when a single winner received a $ 120 million ticket. The game was awarded five times in Last year, with a $ 414 million jackpot being the biggest prize in June.
The chances of winning the jackpot are only 1 in 302.5 million for Mega Millions and 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
Here are the 10 biggest Mega Millions jackpots, along with where to buy tickets:
- $ 1.54 billion – One winning ticket in South Carolina (October 2018).
- $ 656 million – Three winning tickets in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland (March 2012).
- $ 648 million – Two winning tickets in California and Georgia (December 2013).
- $ 615 million – winner is unknown (January 2021)
- $ 543 million – 1 winning ticket in California (July 2018)
- $ 536 million – 1 winning ticket in Indiana (July 2016)
- $ 533 million – one award ticket in NJ (March 2018).
- $ 522 million – one award ticket in California (June 2019).
- $ 451 million – One award ticket in Florida (January 2018).
- $ 437 million – 1 winning ticket in New York (January 2019)
The Associated Press contributed to this report.