Ambassador Kyaw Zwar Minn, who last month destroyed his position with the country’s military government, told CNN he had been trying to reach the embassy on Wednesday for hours. But cannot enter
Many of his staff remained in the building and were not allowed to leave, he also said.
Phones made to the embassy were not answered, and the email bounced back.
UK ambassador Kyaw Zwar Minn released a statement last month calling for Suu Kyi to be released from custody and pledged to continue the opening of the embassy following a call with Dominica Abrab. United Kingdom̵7;s Foreign Minister
At the time, Raab said in a tweet that he spoke to the ambassador and “Honoring his courage and patriotism for standing up for what is right.”
The soldiers responded with remembrance of him. “Since he did not carry out his responsibilities, a command was issued. [is issued] To summon him and move him back to the State Department, ”MRTV reported.
A Facebook live stream on Wednesday showed large numbers of people showing their support for Myanmar’s UK ambassador and expressing confusion over today’s events.
Around 50 people also gathered outside the embassy building in Mayfair, a special part of central London.
Officials from the London Metropolitan Police also went to the area, warning residents to disperse as they violated restrictions on the coronavirus.
Most of the protesters dispersed in the evening, but CNN saw at least four police vans parked near the Myanmar embassy.
The London Metropolitan Police told CNN in a statement: “We are aware of the protests outside the Myanmar embassy in Mayfair, London. No arrests were taken.”
In a statement by CNN, the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office said: “Looking for more information after the incident at the Myanmar Embassy in London”
Myanmar’s military leaders made a vain attempt to dismiss another diplomat in March after UN ambassador Kyumotun urged members of the international community to take “whatever means necessary” to help. Restoring the country’s civil leaders
He declined to step down, however, the decision was backed by the UN.
Major General Seo Min Tun, a spokesman for Myanmar’s military, said the junta plans to hold new elections after a year of emergency.
Helen Regan contributed to this report.