The social media platformer, which went dark after being cut off by a major carrier accusing its app failing on police violent content, may not return online.
WASHINGTON POST, owned by AMAZON CEO JEFF BeZOS, endorsed PARLER shutdown.
As a procession of business traders cut ties to the two-year-old site following the attack by the U.S. government last week, Matze said in an interview with Reuters on Wednesday that he did not know to return. When will you come or will you return?
“It may never be,” he said. “We don’t know yet.”
The app, in the legal filing, has more than 12 million users.
Matze said Parler was in talks with more than one cloud computing service. But it declined to be named, citing the possibility of threats for the companies involved. He said the best thing would be if Parler could come back to Amazon.
EPIK says it has not been discussed. Don’t trust PARLER to host the domain registration.
Parler on Monday filed a lawsuit against the company, which Amazon.com Inc said had no merit.Matze said the company was considering suing other traders. But declined to say further.
Amazon cut Parler, a platform backed by US President Donald Trump supporters, shut down servers this weekend for failing to effectively moderate violent content, Apple Inc’s Google and Alphabet. Inc also fired Parler from its app stores.
“It’s hard to keep track of how many people tell us we can’t do business with them any longer,” Matze said.
On Tuesday, Amazon filed an exhibit that showed it warned Parler late last year about the evil and threatening language on its site, before cutting the platform after the City Hall attack. US
Matze said Parler was booted from online payment service Stripe and from American Express and lost its Scylla Enterprise database.Parler was unable to send SMS messages after being banned by Twilio and unable to use Slack to contact a user “jury”. And volunteers who decide to moderate Parlor content after being dumped by a workplace messaging app.
The seller did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
Click here to get the FOX NEWS app.
Matze said some Parler employees asked for a few weeks off and said he and the staff had received threats and that someone showed up at their home.
He said there were no changes to investors in Parler, which was funded by hedge fund investor Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah Mercer.
Reporting by Elizabeth Culliford; Additional reporting by Jeffrey Dastin; Compiled by Kenneth Li and Lisa Shumaker.