- Regé-Jean Page reportedly declined a lucrative offer to guest star in Season 2 of “Bridgerton”.
- He was asked to be in three to five episodes for $ 50,000 each, sources told The Hollywood Reporter.
- According to the article, the actor declined the opportunity for “Many reasons”
- Visit the Insider’s homepage for more stories.
After news came out that Regé-Jean Page would not be playing the role of Simon Basset, Duke of Hastings in “Bridgerton,” many fans were hoping that at least the British actor would play a short cast in the season. Second
But according to an article by The Hollywood Reporter published on Tuesday, the opportunity to see beloved aristocrats around. Your Again, it will diminish if it doesn̵7;t exist.
An anonymous source close to the show told the outlet that the “Bridgerton” production contacted Page’s crew in January or February to make a return offer as the “Mortal Engines” actor became a favorite. Loved by the fans of the record-breaking Netflix original series.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, they asked him to be a guest on the show for three to five episodes of the show’s second season. The proposed deal reportedly wages $ 50,000 per episode.
The page also declined the proposal. “Reasons why”, according to the source, could include his character’s minor roles in future seasons and the actor’s busy filming schedule for upcoming projects.
Much of his character is already using a backdrop in “Bridgerton,” as the list follows Julia Quinn’s book series and moves from Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor) and Simon to focus on Anthony Bridgerton (Jonathan Bailey).
Page’s acting career also began following his success in “Bridgerton,” and he received roles in major projects.
“The Gray Man” and Paramount’s “Dungeons & Dragons” It is possible that scheduling conflicts will thwart a future “Bridgerton” cameo.
Representatives for Page and Netflix did not immediately respond to Insider’s requests for comment.
Page’s departure from Netflix and Shondaland’s wildly popular regency drama shocked many, as “Sylvie’s Love” starred in season one.
However, Page told Variety that he had signed a one-year contract to enter the project, which he viewed as a “limited series” due to the Duke’s character. “Beginning, middle and end”
“I’m going to come in. I get involved with the Bridgerton family,” he said.
A source told The Hollywood Reporter that “almost everyone close to the show” was aware of Page’s one-year deal, especially when they learned that season two would follow “The Viscount Who Loved” book. Quinn’s Me, centered around Anthony.
Dynevor, Page’s lead actress and on-screen romance, will play Daphne in season two as “A devoted wife and sister help her brother navigate the upcoming social season and what to offer.”
Although Page declined the opportunity to expand his role in “Bridgerton,” he shared his mourning with the cast, crew and fans on social media after Shondaland and Netflix announced his departure.
“The moment of life,” he continued to say. “It’s a great joy and a privilege to be your Duke. Joining this family isn’t just on screen. But also off-screen, with our incredibly creative and generous cast of cast members, outstanding fans – all of them more than I could imagine.Love is real and will keep growing. Any ”
The cast appears to have left the show positively, with “Bridgerton” creator and host Chris Van Dusen calling it a “real privilege” to write Page’s character.
“Writing the Duke of Hastings for this series is a real privilege and I will forever love the #Bridgerton reign of grace. Thank you fans for embracing him and @regejean for bringing him to life in a moving form. Such a beautiful and memorable one, ”he wrote.
Shonda Rhimes, who manages “Bridgerton,” as part of her $ 150 million Netflix deal and previously worked on the “For The People” page, also bid farewell to duke.
“Remember, the Duke is not leaving now,” she tweeted, adding. “He’s just looking forward to seeing it again.”