Here’s an update on COVID-19. Today’s report from the county health and human services agency with information until May 26.
- Quantity delivered: more than 4.09 million
- Quantity provided: more than 3.61 million
- Earned at least one shot: More than 1.92 million, or 68.5% of San Diegans aged 12 and over.
- Completely vaccinated: More than 1.49 million or 53.4%
- Goal: Complete vaccinations. 75% of San Diego County residents are aged 12 and over, or 2,101,936..
- To date, 91.4% of the target population have received at least one vaccine and 71.3% have been fully vaccinated.
- Additional vaccination information can be found. coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- San Diego County’s enhanced case rate is currently 2.4 cases per 100,000 residents, putting the county on the orange scale.
- The positive test percentage is 1.5%, putting the county on the yellow level.
- The Health Equity Indicator is 1.8%, putting the county on the yellow level.
- Although two of the three metrics qualify as county for the yellow scale. But the state will designate the county to a more restrictive level. In this case it is the orange level.
- CDPH assesses the district on a weekly basis.The next report is scheduled for Tuesday, June 1.
- One new community outbreak was confirmed May 26 in a TK-12 school setting.
- In the past seven days (May 20 to May 26), nine community outbreaks have been confirmed.
- Community outbreak triggers are seven or more in seven days.
- 13,565 tests were reported to the county on May 26, and the percentage of new cases was 0.7%.
- The 14-day mean percentage of positive cases is 0.9%. The target is less than 8.0%.
- The daily mean of the 7-day test was 10,307.
Cases of hospitalization and ICU admission:
- As of May 26, there have been 101 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 279,959 confirmed cases in the region.
- 15,391 or 5.5% of all cases require hospitalization.
- 1,703 or 0.6% of all cases and 11.1% of hospitalized patients were admitted to the intensive care unit.
- One new death was reported on May 26, 2021, for a total of 3,756 in the region.
- A man died on May 14, 2021. He was 70 years old and had underlying disease.
A more detailed summary is found in County coronavirus-sd.com website Updated every day around 5:00 PM.