I like to eat vegetables for breakfast, I’m serious! Since I learned about calorie density and started following Starch Solution, my taste buds have changed and so am I. eagerly them in the morning It is low in calories and high in fiber. It is therefore ideal for weight loss. in the past two months I add shredded carrots to my oats to add more vegetables to my breakfast. It tastes like carrot cake and has helped me lose 8 pounds!
Pairing oats with extra vegetables keeps me full and keeps me energized and full for at least three hours. Steamed broccoli or cauliflower is my staple food. Add about 100 calories, 15 grams of fiber, and 10 grams of protein to your meal. This carrot cake oatmeal is naturally sweetened with bananas. There is just the right amount of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to intensify the flavor of the carrot cake. It’s very easy to prepare six large meals on a Sunday. to keep it fresh I like to keep them in individual glass containers. By putting three in the refrigerator and three in the freezer. If you try You can add oatmeal with raisins, pecans, ground flax, fortified fruit, or plant-based yogurt. I love to enjoy mine without refills!
- 1 1/2 cups steel-shredded oats
3 1/2 cups of water
10 ounces shredded carrots
3 bananas (fresh or frozen)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add all ingredients to the pot and cover. Cook over high heat until it starts to boil.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until desired texture is achieved.
- Remove from heat and use a fork to mash the bananas.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-cup glass container and when cool. Close the lid and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, cut into six servings. I like to put all six bottles in separate containers. and put three pieces in the refrigerator and three pieces in the freezer
- when you are ready to eat Microwave for 90 seconds if it’s in the refrigerator and 3 minutes if it’s in the freezer. Add the desired flavor and enjoy!
Here’s the nutritional information for one item from verywell.com:
- 6 servings
- preparation time
- 5 minutes
- cooking time
- 20 minutes
- total time
- 24 minutes 59 seconds
- calories per serving