Some corrupt Washington Capitals’ destruction calls for eldritch to win the New York Rangers on Monday night. In the year of weird hockey, this game is absolutely terrifying.
There are a lot of goals from the chambolic players who think they are still playing hockey caps. For starters, Nic Dowd scored a goal quickly and Conor Sheary added with a nice helping out from Michael Raffl.
Mika Zibanejad ended the first period and started the second with the same double goals he always did for Washington. The Rangers removed Kaapo Kakko’s stick, but Garnet Hathaway tied it up the string.
Four minutes into the third period, Daniel Sprong drew a more brilliant move to restore Washington̵7;s lead. Our only good son, Nicky Backstrom, defended two D Rangers to extend the lead, Tom Wilson added a blank net.
(Tonight, there are no “Bailamos” house rules.)
- Alex Ovechkin Play one shift for no more than a minute. He left the game and never came back.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov and Ilya Samsonov Did not dress up for the game due to team discipline. They were late for some team activities.
- One thing we never know is whether Kuznetsov’s discipline forced Ovechkin to play or whether Ovechkin’s commitment to play allowed the team to ride Kuznetsov.Either way, it was a horrible incident.
- Elsewhere, TJ Oshie misses the game for personal reasons and Justin Schultz is giving the same injury treatment. All of this resulted in a large portfolio of capscenic products.
- Then during the second period Tom Wilson Pavel Buchnevich punches the back of his head as he lies on his stomach and face down. That was the start of a brawl, which Ian legally documented for you. Wilson was rightly punished, and I wouldn’t convince him more. The immediate consequences, he dropped the team’s shorter benches, shortened. I think I will update this old yarn in a few days.
- On the other side of the ice, Artemi Panarin left the game after the second period. I believe it is due to his crush with Wilson pictured above.
- Daniel LeapScoring in the third period was the fifth of his five games. Others, he can capture McDavid.
#JoeBSuitOfTheNight #CapsRangers Navy and Red pic.twitter.com/hcM5EBap4T
– Ian Oland (@ianoland) May 3, 2021
There was a tornado tonight in Frederick. We are fine in RMNB land, but it is horrible. If you get caught, I hope you are okay. I think I’m just confused by it, which is a blessing. But for that distraction, I can’t muster my usual hatred of Wilson’s intelligence or my concern for Ovechkin or my grin.
This is strange tonight But not in a fun or funny way. I didn’t like playing Ovechkin and left. I didn’t like Tom Wilson being a fool. I don’t like Panarin getting hurt. I don’t like Kuznetsov and Samsonov being two bully.
But I love that the Rangers are officially eliminated, and a bunch of horrible depths pulled it off and played great while dropping two or three. So I am conflicting
As I say: It’s been a weird year.
RMNB Caps coverage at Rangers
Screenshot courtesy of NBC Sports Washington.